The webinar ‘Place-based solutions in tackling health inequality‘ took place on 03 November 2021. To be notified of future events please register here.
About the webinar: Place-based solutions in tackling health inequality
During this session, we dove deeper into the findings of PPP’s State of the Nation Report: Addressing the National Syndemic: Closing the gap in UK health inequality. Chaired by Professor Sir Michael Marmot, the report assesses how effective local action and partnerships can be scaled up and how governance and accountability for health inequalities can be strengthened. Despite a lack of national action, there has been action locally, and this is accelerating in the context of the pandemic. This event disseminates the key themes and recommendations of the project and asks the question: what needs to happen next?
- Professor Sir Michael Marmot, Director, Institute of Health Equity
- Matthew Pickett, Senior Director, Marketing & Corporate Affairs Trustee, Cerner Charitable Foundation, UK
- Irfan Mohammed, Head of Healthcare System Partnerships, Novartis Pharmaceuticals UK
- Dr Bola Owolabi, Director of Health Inequalities at NHS England and NHS Improvement
- Mr Tapiwa Mtemachani, Director of Transformation and Partnership, Black Country and West Birmingham CCG
- 03 Nov, 2021 08:00 - 09:00 BST
- Zoom Webinar See map