Collaborative Primary Care at Scale – A State of the Nation
At this event, we relate to the four independent contractor services which constitute that level in the NHS, and consider how to achieve a more collaborative, at-scale approach.
The webinar Collaborative Primary Care at Scale took place on 12 January 2022. To be notified of future events please register here.
About the Collaborative Primary Care at Scale webinar
Primary care provides the majority of a population’s preventative and curative health needs, health promotion and care monitoring requirements, mostly in community settings. It is the anchor around which wider healthcare services are provided.
Primary healthcare can be considered as both a level in a health system (its form) and a strategy or philosophy for organising approaches to care (its function).
At this State of the Nation launch event, we relate to the four independent contractor services which constitute that level in the NHS, and consider how to achieve a more collaborative, at-scale approach.
Hosted in partnership with Healthworks.
- Dr Farzana Hussain, Clinical Director, Newham Central 1 Primary Care Network
- Professor James Kingsland OBE, Professor at University of Central Lancashire
- Paul Batchelor, Dental Lead, National Association of Primary Care
- Michael Lennox, Member of the NHS England Local Professional Network for Pharmacy
- Richard Whittington, Chief Executive, Local Optical Committee Support Unit
Key talking points of the webinar ‘Collaborative Primary Care at Scale’
- A State of the Nation review of each contractor discipline of primary care: general practice, dentistry, optometry and community pharmacy
- How to develop ‘Primary Care at Scale’ and how it relates to each of the four contractor services Analysing the respective sector’s challenges and opportunities with it
- Relating the government’s health and care bill to the four contractor services
- Rethinking contract-driven performance management
|08:00||Chairman’s welcome and introduction||Stephen Dorrell|
|08:05||Background to State of the Nation, Integrated Care and the 4 contractor groups working with and through PCNs with General Practice as the anchor organisation||Farzana Hussain|
|08:15||A perspective from each contractor service and the core theme captured for the Interim Report||Paul Batchelor, Richard Whittington & Michael Lennox|
|08:30||Structured Q&A||James Kingsland|
- 12 Jan, 2022 08:00 - 09:00 BST
- Webinar See map