Using technology to address science inequity in genomics
Webinar session two at the Global Genomics Conference 2022
Join us at the Global Genomics Conference 2022
This is a four-day event, starting on 23rd of May 2022. This event consists of three days of webinars and one in-person conference held in London.
The webinar, ‘Using technology to address science inequity in genomics’, is the second webinar, taking place on 24th May. With your joining link you will also be able to attend the webinars on the 23th and 26th May.
About the webinar session: Using technology to address science inequity in genomics
Sequencing of the first human genome took more than 13 years and billions of dollars to create but, as technology improves, we are now seeing that genome sequencing is more accessible, quicker and cheaper than ever before.
Join Public Policy Projects for our second webinar, as part of the Global Genomics Conference, as we explore the opportunities technology can bring about in global genomics.
We will discuss:
- The significant development of cloud-based and other technology
- How better technology can help access data stored in trusted research environment
- And if new technology can allow for greater democratisation of access to and interpretation of data
Join us as we ask the overarching question; can technology improve science inequality in genomics?
How to register for the Global Genomics Conference webinar sessions
You can register for your Zoom joining link through the registration button below. This Zoom link will allow you access to all three webinar sessions during the Global Genomics Conference 2022.
After you register you will be able to join us for the following sessions:
- 23th May: Why is it important – scientifically, morally and ethically – to improve diversity in genomics globally?
- 24th May: Democratisation of Access to Data: the role of cloud-based technology
- 26th May: How do you articulate the economic benefits of participating in genomics?
On the 25th May, the in-person section of this series will be taking place at The View, Royal College of Surgeons, London. You can read more about this event here.
Foundation sponsors: Genomics England, Lifebit. Event sponsors: Wellcome Sanger Institute, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Illumina.
Further details on these webinar sessions coming soon.
- 24 May, 2022 12:00 - 14:00 BST
- Virtual, Zoom webinar See map