ICJ Series: Covid and the mental health of NHS staff
The pandemic has taken a severe toll on the mental health of healthcare professionals as they struggle to combat the demands it places on health and care services. While steps were taken to protect the wellbeing of NHS staff during the first wave, the pressures of Covid have been such that staff mental health remains strained. What can be learned from the experience of practitioners? Are the plans outlined in the NHS People Plan sufficient to ensure long-term support for healthcare professionals’ mental health? And has the support available reached teams beyond NHS trusts?
- 8:00am: Introduction and Covid-19 update from Chair, Rt Hon Stephen Dorrell.
- 8:05am: Dame Clare Gerada, Director of NHS Practitioner Health.
- 8:25am: Question and answer session.
- 8:55am: Concluding remarks from Chair, Rt Hon Stephen Dorrell.
- 26 Nov, 2020 08:00 - 09:00 BST
- Virtual, Zoom See map