The webinar Making the Life Sciences Vision a Reality took place on 24 February 2022. To be notified of future events please register.
About the webinar ‘Making the Life Sciences Vision a Reality’
In 2021, the UK Government published their Life Sciences Vision. The report outlines seven critical healthcare missions focused on the prevention, diagnosis, monitoring and treating disease early. It aims to accelerate the development and adoption of diagnostics, digital tools, new drugs and medical technologies for diseases.
The webinar ‘Making the Life Sciences Vision a Reality’ discussed the UK’s potential as a Life Sciences superpower. Drawing upon the knowledge of experts from across the sector, we discussed the lessons from the UK’s triumphant performance in leading the way for the COVID-19 vaccination programme and life sciences policy and how the government can seize this window of opportunity to achieve their ambition to enable the UK as a global life sciences superpower by addressing the great healthcare challenges through research and innovation
Key Discussion Points
1. The future of clinical research, improving clinical trial outcomes and the use of real-world evidence
2. Delivering better access to innovative medicines and treatments for patients
3. Lessons learnt from the pandemic and how research and innovation can be better integrated into the NHS.
4. How the autumn budget can enable and support the development and further growth of the UK’s RD sector.
- Sir John Chisholm (Chair)
- Matthew Whitty, Director at NHS England and NHS Improvement & CEO of the Accelerated Access Collaborative
- Professor Martin Gibson, Director of the NIHR Clinical Research Network for Greater Manchester
- 24 Feb, 2022 12:00 - 13:00 BST
- Webinar See map