Fitter, healthier, happier: Rebuilding the nation’s health after COVID-19
This session will explore the findings of the Healthier Nation Index.
We will provide useful insights into the issues policymakers and stakeholders within the health sector should be focusing on as we move on from the pandemic and into the ‘levelling up’ landscape.
The Healthier Nation Index (HNI) is Nuffield Health’s annual survey of the nation’s physical and mental health.
The HNI aims to understand how people are feeling, how they are managing their own physical and mental health, and explore some of the factors that are impacting the health of the nation.
The findings of this year’s HNI survey show the long-term impact of the pandemic on the nation’s physical and mental health, including how waiting times and the elective care backlog are having a detrimental effect on people’s wellbeing, as well as changing traditional models of healthcare. As we emerge from the pandemic, what lessons can be learned? How can we rebuild the nation’s health?
1. What role can prevention and interventions outside the hospital setting play in relieving pressure?
The HNI adds to a growing body of evidence which demonstrates that people are finding it difficult to access health services. What role can prevention and interventions outside the hospital setting play in relieving pressure on an overburdened NHS and tackle the elective care backlog?
2. What is the effect of the pandemic on how people use the NHS?
What impact are long NHS waiting lists having on mental and physical health? Has the pandemic changed the way that people seek health advice and access healthcare?
3. How can we address health inequalities?
How can we widen access to healthcare? Are the ‘Levelling Up’ health missions the right ones to improve the health of under-served populations?
4. What are the opportunities of Integrated Care Systems and Partnerships?
As the fledgling bodies are brought into statutory footing in July 2022, what should the new structures be focusing on?
We are excited to announce the first speakers for the webinar:
- The Rt Hon Patricia Hewitt, Chair designate, NHS Norfolk and Waveney Integrated Care Board
- Rachel Power, Chief Executive, Patients Association
- Dr Davina Deniszczyc, Charity and Medical Director, Nuffield Health
- Jo Bibby, Director of Health, The Health Foundation
- 11 May, 2022 10:00 - 11:00 BST
- See map