Senior Policy Analyst
Public Policy Projects (PPP) is looking for an experienced Senior Policy Analyst to develop and deliver a truly innovative set of health and life sciences projects.
Public Policy Projects is an independent and cross-party policy institute with a clear liberal and internationalist point of view. We bring together public and private sector leaders, investors, policymakers, and commentators with a common interest in the future of public policy. We believe that good public policy is the essential foundation of an open, liberal society.
The Chair of PPP is Rt Hon Stephen Dorrell. Stephen joins Deputy Chairs Baroness Blackwood, Rt Hon Amber Rudd, Rt Hon Damian Green MP, Seb Dance and Stephen Hammond MP to form the nucleus of our Policy Board which provides strategic leadership to our public policy activity.
PPP is looking for an experienced Policy Analyst to develop and deliver a truly innovative set of health and life sciences projects.
This is an opportunity to make a real world impact through the creation and delivery of groundbreaking policy work. Past projects have enabled the team to assess the current policy landscape in respect of rare, genetic and undiagnosed conditions, as well as convening experts and decision-makers from around the world to highlight areas for international collaboration and strengthen the understanding of genomics. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with policy experts from across the world and develop your own policy subject matter expertise.
The Senior Policy Analyst is accountable for the day-to-day delivery of two policy projects within PPP and supporting the policy team to deliver its objectives.
Key responsibilities include:
- Concept to delivery creation of policy insight, published through reports, publications and virtual/physical events
- Project management, development and delivery of State of the Nation and State of the Globe policy reports in conjunction with subject matter experts and key stakeholders
- Delivery of policy expertise internally and externally on an agreed set out policies
- Generation of nationally recognised policy insight to be launched at PPP events and major national and international conferences
- Production of thought leadership content for PPP Journals related to field of work
- Editing and amending workof other Policy Analysts
- Supporting Policy Managers with project strategy and long-term vision
- Leading other members of the team on project, event and publication delivery
- Team mentorship, and at times leadership, to ensure skills transfer and development of a self-reliant, commercially astute policy team.
- 2 plus years industry experience required.
- Keen interest in UK policy development with interpretation skills
- Thrives in an intellectual, fast paced but ultimately target driven environment
- Defines ambitious goals and establishes priorities with clear responsibilities to ensure results
- Demonstrates an ability to anticipate and think deeply about problems and presents creative solutions while evaluating pros and cons of each option
- Encourages open discussion of different ideas and views; welcomes and solicits feedback
- Instils continuous improvement mind-set and champions best practices. Benchmarks competitors and other industries to identify and apply best practice to form inside advantage.
- £30k for a full time position.
- Please send a covering letter and CV to Director of Operations & Delivery, Bridget Whelan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Full-time with options for flexible working between home and London.